Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ideas and stuff - Christie

Here are some ideas and things that have been running through my head. For one I threw out the celtic knots. Some of you have already see the pictures but I thought I would put them up for anyone who wanted to see them. Sorry but most of the photos were taken with my phone which is why they didn't all turn out well.

The flutes


I really love these but they are hand blown glass by an artist and are not cheap. Their beauty doesn't make up for their cost, so if I can't get them, then I can't get them. They are my first choice but I am going to look up other flutes that are cheaper just in case. They are from Romeo Glass and are called Queens As I said, I am going to keep an eye out for an alternitive.

EDIT: I have toasting flutes as of 6/7/10


This is the design I want for the cake. No flowers or other frills. I do not want the cakes to actually sit on top of each other or have columns going through them. To keep the tops from being blank I will probably have the design repeated in some way on top. And I would like the colors to be silver instead of gold on white.

Here are some types of stands that I like.




I like the silver and the fact that they are not actually touching each other.

although, this stand is probably what I am going to go for. It was about $15 to $20 cheaper. The cakes sit on clear free standing stands that can be arranged in whatever pattern wanted. Also I think the clear would go with the whole crystal idea I have been working with.


Here are some cake toppers I have been looking at.



I like the streamlined flowing look with no real detail when it comes to the characters. I plan to keep an eye out on EBay once I am able.

EDIT: I now have my cake topper and its the bottom one ... Circle of Love - Always. Thanks Lizzy for finding it! as of 6/4/10

For the taller candles that light the unity candle, this is kinda what I had in mind. (Sorry for the blurry photo.)



For the Unity candle I have 2 basic ideas.


I really like the 2nd one the best and the one I would like to strive for. It would be for a floater candle. It's a glass stand with a floater bowl on top. The first pic is for a pillar candle and a cheaper alternitive just in case. All these candle holders were found at Hobby Lobby.

EDIT: Will have to do different floater idea... that's just too much.

Now for flowers which I want to all be silk.


I would like for my bouquet to be made with white, a hint of light blue, yellow, purple and something leafy for green. Hobby Lobby had a nice selection of silk flowers. The flowers in the pictures where made of 2 kinds of white flowers. April gets credit for the droopy ones that would hang over the hand. I can't remember the names but I could recognize them or the ones like them; same thing for the light blue and white. The remaining flowers were purple calla lilies and small yellow roses. For bridesmaids, I would like both white flowers and the light blue with white. And all bouquets wrapped with white or silver ribbon.



This is kinda the idea I had for hair only shorter. Curly with a simple headpiece and a long veil.

EDIT: Now have a tiara as of 6/7/10

That's what I have so far. I am still looking at locations and things. I'll keep you posted if I come up with anything more

No comments: