Sunday, June 27, 2010

Christie's bridesmaids gowns, Mia's Bridal, Kansas City, MO

So my colors were, WERE going to be yellow purple and green, but through chattering and discussion and finding they were so close to what I had been talking about, yellow would not work well unless the chiffon on top was yellow (instead of the satin underneath), as it would bleach out Kendra. .... but the colors being so bright wouldn't work next to each other. So now I have teal instead of yellow. ... well all cool colors worked better but still felt like neon staring me in the face. So white chiffon over the colors is what was decided, which are the pictures below. There were 2 dresses that could have any color under and any color over, so we had them try both on.


This is what was decided on.... Lizz would be in the Olive on the far right. April would be in eggplant on the far right and Kendra in the teal in the middle.  This is white chiffon over colored satin.






This is the colored chiffon over the white satin, and not the quite look we were going for.







This is the style that looked good on everyone.  Using a bit of imagination, picture them with white chiffon over the colors








It was unanimous that the style of the green gown looked best.

I am 85 to 90 percent sure this is what I want for my bridesmaids dresses...

...and the color change makes everything but the bouquets easier and simpler which is ok because I haven't bought my flowers yet.

No comments: