Friday, June 25, 2010

So...(cake decorations)

I was looking at the Knot.com (great site for those of you who have not gotten married yet, by the way,) and they had a gallery of wedding cakes.  Well, I couldn't resist looking at the sweet creations of confectionery bliss, so I took a stroll through the pages, and found several that I really liked.

For this one, I liked the idea of the flowers.  Granted, they would have to match my bouquet a little better than these would (haha)

I really liked the flowers, and how they added height to the cake...and, if this were mine, then to my 6 in or so cake topper.  You almost don't want to eat the flowers, for fear that they are real!

I like how this one has "branches," which would make sense to have with my dove cake topper...the apples, not so much for MINE, but they are very cute on this one. ^_^

The cascading flowers of this one were just too beautiful to pass up...'specially when you read the article, and find out that an amateur decorated this by herself! (Amateur as in she didn't do it for a living...)

Here is another one that has the branch idea...change the flowers to ones that are in my own bouquet, and viola!

This one was more for Christie than myself.  You can have that multi-layered effect...only different.  ^_^

This one was just gawgeous...swirleys with flowers.  Very intriguing design that kind of goes with many of the designs that I have been finding on cake servers...hrmmm....

Another "earthy" cake.  Twigs, leaves, flowers.  "Simply" beautiful.

And the last one (actually, the first one that I found and liked,) which is, again, bringing in the though of branches with my doves.  I just really seem to like that theme.  Huh...fun. ^_-

And that's all that I found tonight.  I will probably post more up at a later date, when I am once again bored and looking through wedding stuff. ^-^  Cheers!

No comments: